Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dedicated to Wonder

When thinking of what I wanted to post first, it was a pretty easy decision. 

This has been an incredible summer for me.  In June I entered the world of Twitter and my professional life has forever been changed.

It has been WONDERFUL connecting with so many other teachers and educators. 

This last school year I introduced the book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  It was one of our "Breakfast with Books" book club selections.  I will blog about "Breakfast with Books" in the future.  The book became one of our favorite books. 

As I got to know the Twitter world, it became apparent that many people were in awe of the book.  As they like to call it "TheWonderofWonder." 

Last night I participated in a Twitter book club about Wonder.  It was another WONDERFUL moment for me. 

I had been tossing the idea around of starting a blog after looking at, reading, and poking around so many blogs from educators around the country. 

When the Twitter book club wrapped up, I knew it was time to jump into the world of blogging. 

I know it will become a WONDER in my life and my career. 

So in honor of my new blog, I dedicate it to the book Wonder and to all the wonderful teachers on Twitter and all the others I haven't met yet, but I know are out there...

Auggie from Wonder and all of you are truly an inspiration to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment