Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Third #ABCT (Adult Book Club on Twitter) Announcement

How ABCT Came About:   This idea first came about this past November.  I thought it would be wonderful to have a book club full of teachers, librarians, educators, and people who just LOVE to read.  Our first book was Life Among Giants by Bill Roorbach.  Our second book was Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.  Both were excellent adult books and I know were enjoyed by many of the Twitter readers. 

The Invite Sent Out:  It is my hope that with each #ABCT we get more and more readers involved in this book club.  I invite all Twitter readers to join us for this third book club selection.  It has been a slow start, but I know we can grow this seed of a book club and take it further than I can even imagine.  So please, spread the word about this and let's get as many readers as we can reading these incredible and powerful adult novels.  When I say adult novels, I'm talking about "grown-up" novels

Third Book Chosen:   So far I have not read any of the books before I pick them for the #ABCT.  I think it is fun to start them when the other readers are beginning them.  I of course do some research to make sure the book will be well received by a wide range of readers.  I think our third selection is going to knock it out of the park.  I'm so excited to get started with this book because I have read wonderful things about it.  Our third #ABCT selection is Schroder by Amity Gaige.  I have seen it on Amazon at a pretty low price; so if you are an electronic reader, check it out soon.  Of course, I know many of us are still traditional readers and like to hold the book in your hands. 

When is the Book Club:    At this point I'm thinking we will have our online Twitter discussion on Thursday, March 14th at 7:00 PM CT.  I looked on Twitter to see if the author is a member, but I couldn't find her.  I will try to contact her and see if she would like to join our book club discussion.  If you know of another Twitter online "chat" on this particular night, please let me know and we can change the date. 

*Hopefully all the information you need is presented here, but if I'm missing something, please feel free to Tweet me.  I want this book club to work for all involved!  Grab a copy of this book and HAPPY READING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment