Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, March 4, 2013

Music Monday #3 (Rainbow Connection)

Each Monday I share a song with my class.  That is our writing focus during our writer's notebook time. 
For more details, please see the blog entry  from (2/4/13).
We had missed the last two Mondays, so we were excited to get back to our Music Monday.  The 4th graders were excited to see what today's selection was going to be.  I picked an old classic.  Today we listened to Rainbow Connection from The Muppets.  This song brought me back to my childhood and I was excited to share it with my class. 
The class responded well to the song.  We watched the video version first.  While they wrote in their notebooks, we listened to the song again.  After we listened to the song that second time, several students asked if we could listen to it again.  I took that as a sign that they were enjoying the song

I just love this song and think the message is powerful, sweet, and heart-warming.  Our Monday writing has become one of our weekly favorite activities that we participate in. 

I've included the video below the list of our Music Monday selections...

Our Music Monday List for 2012-2013...

Music Monday #1 (What I Am by Will I Am)
Music Monday #2 (Proud by Heather Small)
Music Monday #3 (Good Time by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen)
Music Monday #4 (Dreamer by Chris Brown)
Music Monday #5 (Home by Phillip Phillips)
Music Monday #6 (Count on Me by Bruno Mars)
Music Monday #7 (Louder by Charice)
Music Monday #8 (Thriller by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #9 (Firework by Katy Perry)
Music Monday #10 (Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo ole)
Music Monday #11 (Hall of Fame by The Script with Will I Am)
Music Monday #12 (Shooting Star by Owl City)
Music Monday #13 (Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas by Band Aid)
Music Monday #14 (Do They Know Its Christmas from Glee)
Music Monday #15 (Take a Look at Me Now by Greyson Chance)
Music Monday #16 (My Wish by Rascal Flatts)
Music Monday #17 (Dream Big by Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand)
Music Monday #18 (The World's Greatest by R. Kelly)
Music Monday #19 (Pure Imagination from Willy Wonka and Glee)
Music Monday #20 (Rainbow Connection from The Muppets)


No comments:

Post a Comment