Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Treat Tuesday #14...

Treat Tuesday - Tombstone Pizza

*After a full day of teaching and then four hours of parent/teacher conferences, I got home after thirteen hours at school.


*On my way home, I called my wife and told her to put in my favorite post-conference treat.  She knew exactly what I meant.  

*My Tombstone pizza was hot and ready when I walked into the house.  

*A perfect treat to end my very long day. 

*Sometimes you just can't beat a good-old-fashion frozen pizza!



Treat Tuesday - Middle Grade Novel

The Boy on the Porch by Sharon Creech
*I know I have already posted this book, but I had to add it for my Treat Tuesday.

*First, the book is absolutely wonderful and was a treat to read to myself.

*Second, it was pure joy to share it with my fourth graders.

*Third, it was a dream come true today (and a treat) to Skype with Sharon Creech.

*She was charming, warm, and so giving with her answers.  Thank you Sharon!  


Treat Tuesday - Adult Novel

We Are Water by Wally Lamb
*Another book that I have mentioned, but have to again today.

*Wally Lamb is my favorite adult author.

*His newest novel came out today.  

*I had a copy of the book waiting for me when I got home late tonight.

*So excited to hit the hay and start this novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment