Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friend Friday #36...

Hi!  I’m Megan and I'm reading the book called Cardboard written by Doug TenNapel

I think this book is sad, but good because it is about a poor boy and his dad.  In the story the dad buys his son a cardboard box for his birthday...   

My favorite part of the story is when the boy becomes friends with a rich boy on the street  because the rich boy was very mean to him before.  

The character that I liked best is the rich boy because he looks funny and he is a funny person.


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to write a sad/happy story.

I would recommend this book to my friends because it is a moving story.

Reading to me is great because it is nice to curl up with a great book.


*I love watching Megan pick books from our classroom collection.
*She has such a wide variety of interests and picks out all sorts of different books to read.
*This book was pretty popular at the beginning of the year, but Megan just got around to reading it.
*Her perspective on the story is quite different from my other readers. 
*Megan really looks at things in a story on quite a deep level.  




No comments:

Post a Comment