Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, June 20, 2014

Blog Post #498 (A Much Needed Break)...

Summer Family Vacation 2014






*It is hard to believe this is my 498th blog post.  Where has the time gone since I started this blog called "ReadWonder."

*For the past 48 weeks, I have blogged everyday during the work/school week.  I'm pretty proud of that.  This blog has become a major part of my professional and personal reading life.

*The season of summer gives me extra time to blog more and add more elements that I just don't have time for during the school year.

*Summer is also a time for family vacation time.  I'm excited to say my family and I are heading off for the seas of summer.

*We will be flying to Miami on Friday, June 20th and spending the night there.  On Saturday we will be boarding a cruise ship that will take us to the Caribbean.

*My daughter just finished her freshman year at UNL and my son will be a senior in high school this fall.  There is nothing I would rather do than spend a week with my wife and these two wonderful kids of mine.

*We will have three days at sea and also get the opportunity to visit the islands of St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, and Puerto Rico.

*I was trying to think of a way to continue the blog while on the trip, but have decided to give myself a much needed break from it.  I do love it, but am looking forward to "NO" blog days.  I think my wife is also.

*So, ReadWonder will not be updated for about a week or so.  I will be back stronger than ever after this awesome summer vacation.

*I have my Kindle all loaded with books that I have been wanted to read for quite some time.

*See you soon and Happy Reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment