Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, June 13, 2014

Friend Friday #47...

Hi!  I’m Kate and I'm reading the book called The Fault in Our Stars written by John Green.  

I think this book is one of the best I've read because I could not put it down and read late into the night.  

My favorite part of the story is the twist in the middle of the novel between Hazel Grace and Gus because I did not see that coming and was a shock to me.  

The character that I liked best is both Hazel Grace and Gus because I can't just pick one and they made one of the best couples I've ever read about.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to make young people and adults cry their eyes out late into the night with such a strong powerful story.  

I would recommend this book to my friends because I know they would like it as much as I did.  Actually, most of my friends already read it, as did my dad, and many of his reader friends.  

Reading to me is emotional because I usually don't read that much, but when my dad gives me a book and tells me that I must read it, I know that it is going to be an emotional ride.  


*I was thrilled when my daughter Kate said she would be my guest on Friend Friday.
*Right after I read this book about a year ago I told her she had to read it.  
*She started during Christmas break, but never finished it.  She started again in May when she got back from college.
*Kate wanted to finish it before seeing the movie.  She went with friends and then went again with myself and her mom.
*We all loved the book and the movie just as much.  
*My daughter isn't quite the reader I am, but will read a novel when I insist she do so.  This was one of those novels!




No comments:

Post a Comment