Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Treat Tuesday #47...

Treat Tuesday - BLT Chopped Salad

*I am a salad guy.  I like the heavy stuff too, but really do enjoy salad.

*This is the perfect salad for summer.

*You can serve it for lunch and/or dinner.

*Enjoy this delicious meal outside while reading a tasty novel…


ingredients:

2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
2 cups fresh arugula, chopped
1 pint grape tomatos, quartered
4 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
1 cup sweet corn
1 avocado, chopped
4 ounces feta, crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, juiced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

directions:

As a note, to chop my lettuce I like to lay it out on a big cutting board and just continuously run my knife through it (in all different directions) until it's chopped as much as I like.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, arugula, tomatoes, corn and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil and lime juice then toss well to coat. Fold in bacon and feta then divide evenly amount 2 plates. Serve!

Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian





Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor





Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series

"Orange is the New Black" from Netflix
*With summer, I have a bit more time to post a few more "treats."
*I know this is a book site, but I also enjoy good television.
*Last summer I got hooked on season #1 of this show.
*I started season #2 today.  I'm going to limit myself one episode/day.

Treat Tuesday:  Movie

"The Fault in Our Stars"
*I read this book last year.
*This past weekend I saw the movie and was not disappointed.
*When I left the theater, I had a "cry headache"!
*The movie follows the book quite nicely.  

Treat Tuesday:  Song "Love Runs Out by One Republic"

No comments:

Post a Comment