Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Treat Tuesday #53...

Treat Tuesday - Reeses Peanut Butter No Bake Bars

*When I found this recipe via Facebook, I was thrilled!

*My wife was also thrilled because even I could bake these.

*I absolutely love Reeses Peanut Butter so they are a new favorite for myself and the family.

*Enjoy!


Ingredients
*1 cup salted butter (melted)
*2 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
*1 cup peanut butter
*1/2 tsp. vanilla
*1 (11 oz) bag milk chocolate chips

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Pour peanut butter mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (at 50% power) for 1-2 minutes. Stir chocolate and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread chocolate with a spatula. To even out chocolate, tap pan on the counter.
4. Refrigerate bars for one hour. Cut while bars are still cool. Enjoy!




Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel

Until They Bring The Streetcars Back by Stanley Gordon West

*A novel with St. Paul as its setting.  Excellent story!








Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

Remembering Mrs. Rossi by Amy Hest

*One of the most touching middle-grade novels I've ever read.








Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series

"United States of Tara" on Showtime

*I really enjoyed watching the few seasons of this series that were available.  Quiet interesting!




Treat Tuesday:  Movie

"Beaches" with Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey

*My wife and I saw this years ago when it came out.  We were both puddles by the end of the movie.  Everyone needs a best friend like these two were in the movie!








Treat Tuesday:  Music

Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler (From the movie Beaches)



Treat Tuesday:  Photograph

*How cool is this picture.  I just LOVE it!

*This picture to me represents their entire relationship.

*I just hope my wife and I have that when we are their age.

*Maybe he gets a ride back to the car after they are done grocery shopping???  

No comments:

Post a Comment