Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wonder Wednesday #49...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Five)

*This is the fifth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Toward the end of the school year, I had my students respond to some questions I had about their reading lives.  



*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to answer.

*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...


STUDENT #9 - Lucy

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was lame
because I just did not like it.  


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is good
because I like it more than I did in third grade.  


This year I learned that as a reader I read a lot more
because I read more books than I have before.


To me reading is fun
because it is fun and like going into a whole different world.  


As a reader I'm most proud of the big books that I finished this year
because they take a long time to read.  


The best thing about reading is when you feel like you can read for hours
because it feels good and you know you are reading a great book.  



STUDENT #10 - Devin

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was boring
because I didn't like it. 


Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is fun
because I found books that I like to read.  


This year I learned that as a reader I was an OK read (not the best, not the worst)
because I wasn't da bomb!  


To me reading is calming
because when I was hyper reading would help me calm down.


As a reader I'm most proud of reading the Amulet series 
because 
I read the whole series before the end of fourth grade.  

The best thing about reading is graphic novels
because those are my favorite kind of book to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment