Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 29, 2014

Friend Friday #57...

Hi!  I’m Kathy and I’m reading the book called The Orchardist written by Amanda Coplin.

I think this book was very interesting because I learned a lot about being a farmer/orchardist long ago.  Also, this story had very interesting characters.

My favorite part in the story was when the main character took in a young girl to live with him because he really changed.

The character that I liked best was Talmadge, the main character, because he changes a lot in the story.

I think the author wrote this book because she thought people would like to follow characters over a lifetime.  I also think she may have been to the Northwest and known about the life of an orchard farmer.

I would recommend this book to my friends because you really get to know that characters.


Reading to me is THE BEST because you can get lost in a good book!


*Kathy is a reading friend and co-worker at my school.
*We have taught together for years and have shared many book titles during that time.
*She is one of the people in my life that I love to pass book titles to because we have similar tastes in stories.
*Kathy just finished this book for her book club and told me she really enjoyed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment