Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Treat Tuesday #54...


Treat Tuesday - Man Pleasing Chicken

*Ok folks, you have to give this recipe a shot.

*We saw it on Facebook, made it, and it is everything it says it is.



Ingredients and Instructions...

To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately,
preheat your oven to 450ºF. Then, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice/rice wine vinegar.

Put a 1.5 pound package of chicken thighs into a foil-lined, oven-proof baking dish. I used boneless, skinless thighs. Six came in my package, which made enough to serve 3 people. Then, salt and pepper the thighs. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated.

Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through. I find that a meat thermometer is essential in cooking because it allows me to check for doneness without cutting into the meat and losing its precious juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary. If there is ever a time to use fresh herbs, THIS IS IT! The flavors are just so good together. Enjoy the savory goodness of this meal!!


Chicken thighs- 1 package
Dijon mustard- 1/2 cup
Maple syrup- 1/4 cup
Rice/rice wine vinegar- 1 tablespoon
Fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper


Courtesy of: wittyinthecity.com


Treat Tuesday:  Adult Novel


Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West

*A big novel with an even bigger story.

*One of my favorites by this author.





Treat Tuesday:  Middle-Grade Novel

Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff

*This was a "Breakfast with Books" selection several years ago.

*We actually did a combination student/parent book club.

*Amazing story with amazing characters.



Treat Tuesday:  Television Show/Series

The Walking Dead on AMC

*I came to this show late, but I absolutely love it.

*Major binge watching to get caught up.

*The new season starts in October.  Plenty of time to catch up!



Treat Tuesday:  Movie

Pictures of Hollis Woods from Hallmark Hall of Fame

*I normally don't like movies that come from books, but in this case it worked and worked really well.

*We had a special movie night with pizza after my 4th grade book club read the book.

Treat Tuesday:  Music

"Rather Be" by Clean Bandit

*I heard this song awhile back and then never heard it again.

*While in the car yesterday with my son I heard it and remembered how much I liked it.  

*The video is pretty cool too...


Treat Tuesday:  Photograph

*Someone posted this on Twitter and I just loved it.

*I would love to get these as stickers and give them to all of my students.  

No comments:

Post a Comment