Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Skype Visit with Donna Gephart (Death by Toilet Paper)...

Skype Visit - Donna Gephart

*Our fifth read aloud this year was Death by Toilet Paper by Donna Gephart.  My fourth graders loved it.

*It was one of those stories when I would finish a chapter the kids would beg for more.

*We also had a few times when I stopped at a certain point the class would literally SCREAM for me not to be done.  A sign of a truly great read aloud.


*Donna was gracious enough to schedule a Skype visit on relative short notice.

*I had the listeners create questions and comments for her.

*The beginning of the visit was awesome because she shared her life as a young reader, as a beginning author, and where she is at now.  She included some fun "props".

*Each student in my class had the chance to ask their question or give their comment.

*Donna was fun, engaging, and so interesting to listen to.  We LOVED it!

*Here is a look at our Skype visit from Wednesday, March 11th...
























2 comments: