Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge...

How I Heard About It:  I received an ARC of this novel from NetGalley.  The "press" describing this book grabbed my attention and I was quite excited to get started on this "thriller."

What It Is About:  Helen is a detective in London.  She is on a case of a serial killer who kidnaps two adults, holds them in different type "cells", no food or drink and only a gun laying between the two victims.  The victims must decide who is going to kill the other and the one who kills is released to freedom.  After a series of kidnappings and "releases", Helen realizes she is connected to all of these couples.  She just can't figure out what this connection has to do with the serial killer.  Helen and her team spend all of their time trying to track the killer and stop these brutal crimes.  She receives a major shock when she finds out these killings go all the way back to her own childhood and the horrific events that occurred in her own home.  Will Helen be able to find the killer before she does damage to "two" people from Helen's detective team.

What I Thought Of It:  It has been a long time since I have read a real mystery/thriller.  This story was a refreshing change of pace from the regular type of books I normally read.  The mystery and suspense begins on page one and doesn't let go until the very last page.  I loved the entire story and the plot kept me guessing the entire time while I was reading it.  The reviews on Netgalley stated this was a bestseller in England and I can see why.  I hope it does just as well here in the States.  

Who Should Read It:  All adult readers will find this a satisfying read.  Fans of mysteries and thrillers will be completely engaged by Helen and her search for the serial killer.   It will be fun to see if this book gets as much press here as it appears to have gotten in Europe.  I'm going to be telling all of my adult reader friends to check out this book.  It is a complete page-turner.  Happy Reading!  

Rating:  5 STARS out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment