Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Monday, May 25, 2015

Class Read Aloud #7: Hero by Sarah Lean

Class Read Aloud #7 - Hero by Sarah Lean

*After I read this novel earlier this year on my own, I knew I wanted it to be one of our read alouds.

*I made the right choice because it was a sure-fire HIT.

*This story is so great and has such a powerful message.  






*Here are a few thoughts that my listeners had...


I thought this book was…

*Awesome because it was an awesome story
*Good because it had so many life lessons in it.  
*Great because I loved Jack Pepper.  


I liked it when…


*Leo found the dog because I like dogs.  
*The boys let Leo into their group because I thought that was cool of them.
*The sinkhole was made because that is really what made the whole story.   


My favorite character was…

*Jack Pepper because he was a dog and I'm in love with logs.  
*Leo because he was a nice guy but wanted to be popular so that took over.  
*Jack Pepper because he was cute, white, and so fuzzy.  Or at least I pictured him that way.  


My favorite part in the story was…

*The ending because it was such a happy ending.  
*When Jack Pepper was safe at home because it was happy and I like happy.   
*When the sinkhole was created because it was a pretty amazing moment.  

It was interesting when…


*The dog was lost because it was surprising and interesting.  

*
He pushed that bike into the lake because I did not except that.  
*Grizzly and Leo made up a story at the end instead of telling the truth because I wasn't thinking that would happen.   


I was frustrated when…

*The dog got lost because it was sad that the dog got lost.  
*The dog was in the hole because it was so sad. 
*He was about to join a mean group of friends and do something he does not want to do to get in it because I was saying in my head don't do it.  


I give this book _____ stars!  

5 STARS =  14 Students
4 STARS =  7 Students
3 STARS =  2 Students
2 STARS =  0 Student
1 STAR =  0 Students

No comments:

Post a Comment