Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, June 19, 2015

Friend Friday #96 (Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand)...

Hi!  I am Max and I read the book called Unbroken written by Laura Hillenbrand.


I thought this book was incredible because it is painstakingly details the endless struggles and enduring will to live of the main character, Louis Zamperini.  It's also a true story, which makes it all the more unbelievable that someone can experience so much in a single lifetime.     






My favorite part in the story was the theme of change throughout the book.  Beginning with his troubled childhood, Hillenbrand detailed how Zamperini came of age through his improbable experiences.  


The character that I liked best was Louis Zamperini because he wasn't a typical protagonist.  I enjoyed the simple fact that he followed his own path in life and found peace within his troubled world.  


I think the author wrote this book because she knew it was a story that had to be told.  Without this book, this amazing story may have been lost forever.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because you can't put it down.  Zamperini's tragedies and triumphs are truly unbelievable and you have to read it just to catch a glimpse of this man's extraordinary life.  


Reading to me is a blissful escape because I often forget where and who I am when I'm lost in the pages of a good book.  


*Max is a co-worker and friend of mine.

*He is an EL teacher (English Learner) and works with our K-6 students.

*We have talked about books for many years and have similar tastes.  I have recommended novels to him and he has told me about stories he has read.  

*I'm so lucky to have people around me at work who love to read as much as I do.  

*This is also one of my top adult reads.  If you haven't read it, you must do so.  








No comments:

Post a Comment