Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #102 (Part Eight)...

Wonder Wednesday - The Love of Reading (Part Eight)

*This is the eighth of an on-going series I'm going to post each Wednesday.

*I love posting on Wednesdays because it is all about the WONDERS of books, reading, and all that comes with it. 

*Each student filled out a reading survey with six questions to respond to.



*I will post their thoughts here on Wednesdays throughout the summer.

*One of my most favorite things to do as an educator is to get feedback from my students.

*Here is a look at a couple of my students' responses from the survey I gave...



STUDENT #1 -Vivian

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was relaxing because when I read, I become calm from whatever I was doing before.  

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is interesting because to me, I think a book can make me think of something good and interesting.  

This year I learned that as I reader I prefer shorter books with some pictures because I don't really like long books because it takes me too long and I don't like to take a long time to finish a book.  

To me reading is calm and sometimes it might make me really want to finish the book because I think reading relaxes me.  

As a reader I'm most proud of finishing the book called The Sasquatch Escape because it is a really great book, longer than normal, and I finished it.  

The best thing about reading is if I cam in a bad mood I can read to calm me and think of a solution because sometimes I cam mad and then after reading I can tell myself a solution.  




STUDENT #2 -Carter

Before I was in fourth grade I thought that reading was interesting because I wasn't that good at reading.  

Now that I'm almost done with fourth grade I think that reading is fun because I know how to read a lot better so it makes it a lot more fun.  

This year I learned that as I reader I can read for entertainment and information because I read both fiction and nonfiction type books.  

To me reading is awesome because I know I'm good at it and I know I can improve.  

As a reader I'm most proud getting to come to reading class because I want to come and we get to pick our own books to read.  

The best thing about reading is reading different books because there are different types of books like longer books, shorter books, series, and informational books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment