Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wonder Wednesday #119 (My NCTE Experience/Part Two)...

A First-Time Experience

*A couple of weeks ago was one of the best weekends of my life.  I'm still on cloud nine after my first experience at NCTE.

*The convention was held here in Minneapolis and I was fortunate enough to attend all four days.


*I actually had the honor of presenting with the Nerdy Book Club on a panel Friday afternoon.

*Not only did I learn an incredible amount of thought-provoking information, I had the opportunity to meet so many Twitter friends and authors.

*Here is a glance of my first time at the convention...


(Having fun with Colby Sharp and the Nerdy Book Club after our presentation)


 (Hanging out with Lynda Hunt Mullaly at the Penguin Nerdy Party)


 (The Nerds enjoying the Penguin Nerdy Party and hanging out with mentor Donalyn Miller)


 (Mr. Schu, Colby Sharp, and Donalyn Miller introducing "BOOK KAHOOT")


 (Meeting Mr. Schu for the first time and a morning picture of Minneapolis)


 (An impressive author panel about the power of literature)

 (Pictures with favorite authors:  Katherine Applegate and Jenni Holm)


 (Having fun at the exhibits, gathering new books and meeting more authors like Kate Messner)


(Another fun night hanging with the Nerdy Book Club)


(A great turn out for the Nerdy party and meeting another incredible author Kwame Alexander)

No comments:

Post a Comment