Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 4, 2016

Friend Friday #130 (I Survived...)

Hi!  I am Makiya and I read the book called The Joplin Tornado, 2011 written by Lauren Tarshis


I think this book is good because it tells about a tornado and I have not been in a tornado so I thought it was very interesting.


My favorite part in the story is when the tornado started because it was the most interesting part in the book and it kept me on the edge of my seat.  





The character that I liked best was Dex because he is the main person in the story.   


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to tell what it was like in 2011 when a tornado hit an area.  She made me feel like I was right there.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because there is a tornado in it which is pretty exciting and most kids would be interested in this story.  


Reading to me is awesome because I love to read and I get to know more and more "stuff" which makes me smarter.    


*Makiya is one of the readers in my fourth grade reading class.
*She came in not really loving to read, but has made a nice transition to a reader.
*We are currently in a "historical fiction" unit and I gathered some of the "I Survive" books.
*She read the story in one-two reading sessions and really enjoyed the story.
*I find this series is quite a hit with fourth grade readers.  




No comments:

Post a Comment