Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, July 1, 2016

Friend Friday #146 (The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles)

Hi!  I'm Shaeffer and I read the book called The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles written by Julie Andrews Edwards.  


I think this book is adventurous because the characters in the story go on fun and dangerous journeys.  


My favorite part in the story is when the three kids meet the Whangdoodle because the Whangdoodle is a fanciful creature and I would like to meet this creature if I could.  



The character that I liked best was The Professor because he helped the Whangdoodle with his wish.  The Professor found the secret of life and was able to make a female Whangdoodle to marry the Whangdoodle.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted kids to use their imagination to look further at things instead of just looking at it in a normal "boring" way.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it shows kids how to use their own imaginations and the things they can accomplish if they use their own imagination.  


Reading to me is magnificent because some things in books can be really fun, interesting and "fanciful" to read about and experience.  


*Shaeffer is Sutton's brother and Sutton was my "Friend Friday" guest blogger last Friday.
*Shaeffer just finished third grade and is excited to be a fourth grade reader in the fall.
*He and his family spent several days with us last weekend.  They were visiting from Colorado.
*When Shaeffer isn't outside playing enjoying the Colorado weather, he loves to read.  
*I loved that one of his favorite books is a "classic".  







No comments:

Post a Comment