Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, August 5, 2016

Friend Friday #151 (The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah)

Hi!  I'm Heidi and I read the book called The Nightingale written by Kristin Hannah.


I think this book is intriguing because it tells the story of World War II through the eyes of two women who are sisters.  


My favorite part in the story is how it opened my eyes to what women left behind in war have to deal with because I had never thought of this perspective.   




The character that I liked best were the two sisters because it shows the strength they had to endure from very different circumstances.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to share a World War II novel from a female perspective.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it was historical fiction told from a woman's point of view and I know they would enjoy it as much as I did.  


Reading to me is an escape because it lets me visit or experience places I have never been.  


*I have worked with Heidi the last few years.  She is a special education teacher in my building.
*This past year we team taught during our math hour.  
*Even though we were teaching math, we often found ourselves talking about books.
*It was such fun to share titles and reading experiences with her.
*I have not read this particular novel, but it is on my TBR list.  







No comments:

Post a Comment