Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, September 2, 2016

Friend Friday #155 (Orbiting Jupiter by Gary D. Schmidt)


Hi!  I'm Stacy and I read the book called Orbiting Jupiter written by Gary D. Schmidt.


I thought this book was powerful because it is a poignant reminder that one never knows what another person has gone through.  


My favorite part in the story was when the teachers got to know Joseph better because they start to see all that he is capable of.  



The character that I liked best was Jack's father /Joseph's foster father because he stands up for the boys, is kind and knows how to form a relationship with Joseph despite his demons.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to show that people are often misunderstood.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it has great discussion potential for their preteen/teenaged children. 


Reading to me is a means to learning something new whether it's a way to look at people we encounter in a new light, or to learn information on a new topic.  


*Stacy has been a true reading friend this summer as she contributed THREE posts.

*It has been such a joy to share book titles, reading stories, and experiences over the years.
*This was a favorite of mine and I'm glad it was also a favorite of hers.  






No comments:

Post a Comment