Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, September 9, 2016

Friend Friday #156 (The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer)

Hi!  I'm Filsan and I read the book called The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell written by Chris Colfer.


I thought this book was fun because two kids fall into a book and meet fairytale characters.  


My favorite part in the story was when they were trying to steal the glass slipper because Alex saw a sign and she got excited.  




The character that I liked best was Alex because she is always positive.  


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to make fairytales better.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it would make other kids read more fairytales.  

Reading to me is like going into another world because all stories take place in different places. 


*This was my first week with a new group of students/friends.

*During Open House which was last week, I gave my new readers an assignment to answer these questions/prompts about a book they read over the summer.

*It was extremely interesting to read their responses when they turned in the sheet on the first day of school.  

*Reading their thoughts gave me a look into what they read over the summer and how they replied to the prompts.  

*For her first response, I thought Filsan had some really great insights to this book.  






No comments:

Post a Comment