Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, December 2, 2016

Friend Friday #168 (Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger)


Hi!  I'm Freddy and I read the book called Fake Mustache written by Tom Angleberger.  

I thought this book was GOOD because it had a great mystery in it and I enjoy reading mysteries and funny stories.  


My favorite part in the story was when the mime's face paint ones off because he made a big deal over it.  




The character that I liked best was Jodie because she was so nice and brave and I enjoyed reading about her.    


I think the author wrote this book because he wanted to entertain the reader with a funny and silly story because that is the kind of story fourth graders like.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it is extremely funny and if they are like me, they are going to love the book.  I couldn't put it down.  


Reading to me is fun because it is something to do when you don't have anything else to do.  It is also calming and relaxes me.  It is great to get lost in a book.  I do that all the time.  


*Freddy is an avid reader.  He would read all day if I could let him.
*He was on a graphic novel kick, and I wanted to lead him to some other books.
*I thought this would be the perfect transition from graphic novel to a chapter book/novel.
*Once he started, he couldn't stop reading.  It was so fun to watch him plow through this story.  
*It is my hope that he continue with other Angleberger books.  I know he will enjoy them just as much.







No comments:

Post a Comment