Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wonder Wednesday #170 (AVID16)

Wonder Wednesday - AVID Convention

*This has been a year of travel for me when it comes to my teaching career.



*I did several professional trips over the summer that were so rewarding.

*Last month, I was lucky enough to attend #NCTE16 in Atlanta.  It was my second time going to the convention and was completely a WONDERful experience.

*My district is bringing AVID to our schools and are beginning to train its teachers.  My principal asked if I would like to attend the convention in Dallas.  As teachers, we know we don't normally get to travel.  I was excited to attend and learn with some of my colleagues.

*It will be interesting to see how AVID fits into our elementary setting.  I can see its benefits in the middle and high school and hope it fits just as well with our younger learners.

*A group of us flew to Dallas on Wednesday night, attended sessions on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  We headed back to "wintery" Minnesota on Saturday night.

*Here is a little photo journey of my time in Dallas; both professionally and personally...

 Our view of Dallas from the Hilton Anatole

Our tour of the JFK Museum

 Dinner fun with my district colleagues

Great memories from our time in Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment