Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, January 20, 2017

Friend Friday #173 (The War That Saved My Life)



Hi!  I'm Sally and I read the book called SThe War That Saved My Life written by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.

I thought this book was BRAVE
because Ada ran away from home with her little brother Jamie. 

My favorite part in the story was when Jamie opened presents from Santa because Jamie was super happy.

 



The character that I liked best was Jamie because he was so nice and wanted to help and protect his sister Ada.   


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to entertain people with a story about kids surviving during war times.  She wanted to show us how strong kids can be.   


I would recommend this book to my friends because I think they would like it and it is different from most books we have been reading.


Reading to me is nice because it makes me feel good, takes me to other worlds, and teaches me new things.  


*When I saw this novel in Sally's hands it took me by surprise.
*I used this as a read aloud last year during our historical fiction unit.  
*My class loved the story and it became one of my favorite books.
*This isn't the typical book for fourth graders to choose on their own so I was thrilled to see that Sally had it in her hands.  



    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment