Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 10, 2017

Friend Friday #180 (The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies)


Hi!  I'm Filsan and I read the book called The Lemonade War written by Jacqueline Davies.


I thought this book was cool 
because a girl and a boy were competing in a contest and it was fun to read about who would win.  


My favorite part in the story was when they worked out the problem because some of the contest was not fair to each person and I was glad when they worked it out.  



The character that I liked best was Jessie because she was smart and kind and I think she would make a great friend to me.  


I think the author wrote this book because she wanted to entertain the kid reader with a great story with lots of action in it.  Plus a fun contest to read about. 


I would recommend this book to my friends because wit is the first book of a series and it was really good and I know that fourth grade kids would love this story.  Plus we have all the books in the series in our classroom library.  


Reading to me is interesting because there are different lands in the reading world.  You can be in your own school or house but really while you are reading you can travel to new worlds.  Reading takes me away.  

*I have quite an extensive classroom library.  It seems that most of my readers stick to the "newer" books that I highlight.
*Filsan is a reader in our class that takes the time to "browse" the library and find some of the older titles.  
*She asked me about this title when she found it and loved the reading experience.
*Filsan is now working her way through this series.  I hope she influences some of the other readers.









No comments:

Post a Comment