Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Friday, March 24, 2017

Friend Friday #182 (Scar Island by Dan Gemeinhart)


Hi!  I'm Ayub and I read the book called Scar Island written by Dan Gemeinhart.  


I thought this book was great 
because it had a lot of boys in the story and they got into a lot of trouble which made for a good book.  


My favorite part in the story was when the adults died because they were so mean to the boys and kind of deserved it.  Plus the boys were happier without them. 



The character that I liked best was Jonathan because he was the main character and the last boy to come to Scar Island and that was when everything happened in the story.


I think the author wrote this book because maybe had visited a boy's prison before and wanted to write a story about it.  Or he wanted to write a kind of scary story and would keep me reading the whole time.  


I would recommend this book to my friends because it has a lot of adventure in it and everyone that read it in our class really liked it so I know other kids would too.  


Reading to me is something peaceful because when I'm reading I feel relaxed and the book takes me away to another place.  


*Ayub is a great reader in my class.  
*He is soft soften and reads from a variety of genres.
*We read this novel for our "Breakfast with Books" book club and it was the first time Ayub joined us.
*I hope maybe we have hooked him and he will join us for our last couple of book clubs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment