Fourth Grade Journey

A Fourth Grade Teacher's Journey Through the World of Books

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wonder Wednesday #215 (Picture Book March Madness)

Picture Book March Madness - Week #ONE

*As you know I love books.  I love novels.  I also love picture books.

*We share picture books each and every day for #classroombookaday.  The class has an extensive bulletin board where we keep track of what we have read together as a class.

*March is a very special time in our classroom.  We celebrate March Madness and we celebrate picture books.  This activity is one of my most favorite things we do all year.

*We begin with 32 picture books.  I pick the books based on my audience and the type of listeners/learners they are.

*Each day I read TWO books to the class.  We discuss our noticings and wonderings.  A discussion about theme is also had.

*The students then head to their iPads and do some voting for their favorite.  I use SurveyMonkey to collect the results.

*We started our voting on Tuesday of this week and will continue for the next sixteen days.

*Here are some pictures of the start-up of Picture Book March Madness 2018...

Our Class Schoology Site Where We Vote For Our Favorite Books

 The Results of Round #ONE

 Each Morning the Readers Pick from Our Collection to Read

We Vote Each Morning as to Which Book We Will Read First

Our 2018 Picture Book March Madness Bracket

Our 2017 Picture Book March Madness Bracket (Results)

No comments:

Post a Comment